Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Abby

6x6 oil on panel
This is another commission, #3 of four children.  
Today I had a lot of issues.  First, procrastination was my enemy this morning.  Second, my brushes were not cooperating..which means that I may need new brushes.  Third, when I am working on multiple portraits going to one home, I get myself hung up on the fact they are a series and will more than likely hang together, so they should all look the same as far as value and light.  I have to remind myself that they are each little individual people and they should not all look the same.  They have different skin tones and hair color and personalities...which are all more important than matching paintings.  Anyway, I made it through my painting blocks..which makes for a pretty successful day.

1 comment:

  1. Your note today was really helpful - a good reminder. THank you. And she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete