Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Girl 1

6x6 oil on paper
sold
I have set up a challenge for myself.  Inspired by a couple painters I admire, Carol Marine and Karin Jurick, I have decided to take the plunge into painting faces.  Painting people has always been a challenge for me, so this will be a huge learning experience.  My intent is to focus on girls from 3-12 years old, trying to capture the essence of being a girl.  This first one is of my daughter Ginger..who has also inspired this series.  I still have a lot to learn, but this one was a whole lot of fun to paint. 

1 comment:

  1. I simply love it. I love the composition and the way you handled the teeth is wonderful I also love the gentle yellow tones used in the glasses that distort the skin tones but still keep the values. Very nice. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete